A journey to discover the people who change our world.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Random Encounters

So there I was, sitting in a dingy internet shop on a back street of Mumbai, when I hear a voice, ‘Is that Clare Mulvany?’. Low and behold there was Arron Kennedy, a friend of mine from Ireland who I had not seen or heard from in about four years. Last I had heard, he was running a computer shop in Cavan, but no, he is living in Mumbai, studying to be a Montessori teacher.

Meeting up was fantastic. I got introductions to some of his classmates, and was able to gain some insight into what college life is like here. Plus it happened to be Arron’s birthday and I was able to tag along to his party. I even got a jiving lesson!

Gosh, it is indeed a small, oddly connected, wonderful world

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Isn't that the best? Running into folks you know in random places around the world! It happens to me all the time - in airports, cafes, hotel lobbies and on the streets of far-flung places I end up.

My favorite "small world" story is shortly after moving to Saudi, I was at a party and heard a familiar Minnesota accent. Turns out the woman grew up 10 miles from my house, and now lives two doors down from me - in Saudi Arabia!

Thanks for making me think about that!

1:06 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home